SEO Case Study: Digital Agency Website Promotion
SEO promotion of a digital agency website in search engines is a complex multi-stage process. The Webnauts team has connected all available methods. On our website, we conducted experiments, the most successful of which were then implemented in the projects of our clients.
You can follow the development of our site throughout the year. How did we arrive at this result? We’ll tell you!
We regularly post new completed projects in our portfolio, in which we write:
- What the client’s business is. What kind of product or service, what the specific is.
- About the task set before us (website development, SMM, video, etc.).
- About the method of implementation. What we did, what features were introduced, how long it took.
At the end of each project, there is a brief introduction: a link to the site, terms and cost of development, technologies used. All elements of the portfolio are provided with screenshots, which clearly show the result — even without reading the text, clients receive comprehensive information about the project.
We optimize each post in the portfolio for a specific cluster of requests, corresponding projects. Unsurprisingly, portfolio pages are the most visited on the Webnauts site.
The Webnauts website only publishes reviews from our customers. All of these reviews come from real people for whom we have performed various tasks. Under the text of the review there is a link to the project or case in the portfolio, so anyone can evaluate the results of our work.
We always ask customers to be as honest as possible in their reviews. And we work out all the arising objections already at the stage of cooperation. The block with reviews is displayed on the main page of the site.
A blog is one of the main tools for SEO promotion of a marketing agency or an IT company. When we created the blog, we set ourselves the goal of «telling simply about complex things»: we want to share our knowledge and experience, and the company’s blog suits best for this purpose.
For our blog we:
- Defined the target audience. Our materials are primarily for clients interested in Internet marketing services, website development, business promotion. However, digital specialists can also draw useful information from them.
- Created headings. There are three of them: cases, news and articles. Each section is designed for a specific format of publications. We update them regularly.
- Established uniform layout standards. Content makers publish materials in compliance with these rules. Each blog page has a promo button for one of our services, a capture block, links to categories, and recent posts.
- Developed a content plan. We regularly discuss which cases are worth sharing, which topics may be of interest. As a result, we determine what and how we will write about.
We talk about new blog posts on the Webnauts Facebook page.
Case studies are one of the most powerful internet marketing tools. Our cases define the task, reveal the solutions and communicate the final result we have arrived at. We illustrate all actions with screenshots of reports and data from analytics programs.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the task;
- Show that we have experience with a specific task;
- They serve as proof of the effectiveness of the chosen solution.
The difference with the Portfolio is that case studies do not show the whole project, but a specific problem. They describe how we got from point A to point B and what we did along the way. Case studies are not only useful for business owners — they can be adopted by other marketers.
Our cases are made up of several parts. First, we identify the problem, describe the solutions, demonstrate the result and draw a conclusion. The final figures are highlighted in large print so that they are more noticeable.
News from the digital world
The digital sphere is constantly changing, so any specialist needs to follow trends. Even at the stage of discussing the concept of our blog, we chose the news format and decided that such a section would definitely be on our website.
The blog mainly publishes news in the following areas:
- Updates, new functions and features of social networks;
- Developments, services, functionality and new search engine algorithms;
- New popular messengers;
- Interesting events in the digital sphere.
All news are provided with thematic illustrations, screenshots or videos.
Information materials are not published in our blog very often. We carefully approach the choice of topic and try to share our practical experience. So we created the guide «How to write a technical task for a landing page», the article «5 Things Good Internet Marketers Won’t Tell You» and many other materials.
In each article, we try to correctly combine:
- SEO tools. Keywords, meta tags, subheadings, lists, sidebars, linking and other components of the right SEO text.
- Design and dynamic elements. We follow the style of the site and add animation. We grab the attention of the reader, do not let them get bored.
- Text for the people. We try to talk with the reader, to advise, not to teach. We do not have water in our articles and give maximum benefit.
- Honesty. We do not write about what we do not know or have not experienced.
The result of complex work
If you want to promote the site of an IT agency / digital company in search engines the way we did at Webnauts, you need to use all available marketing channels. This is a long systematic work, which in the end will pay off and will definitely bring customers.
Here the results of keyword visibility rising:
Here the results of organic traffic: