E-Commerce of Pumping Equipment (USA)
Today, most web resources are developed on the basis of the flexible and multifunctional WordPress platform. However, not all developers at the initial stages provide for further SEO promotion, which is an integral part of a successful business on the Internet.
Our specialists foresee and take it into account at the very first stages of work. With this approach in developing the structure of commercial projects, further promotion in search engines becomes more efficient and effective. We used this approach in our work with a new client of our company Fluidbusiness group. Thus, our task was to develop an online store for the US market with SEO preparation (website optimization for search engines) already at the stage of its creation.
About the customer
The main field of activity of the Fluidbusiness group is the selection, supply and maintenance of pumping equipment from leading world companies. In this area, the specifics of sales are that it is not guaranteed that the final cost will be the same as the preliminary announcement of the cost of a particular item in the catalog, since pumping equipment must be selected taking into account many factors.
Therefore, the main need for the client was to create a product catalog with a price request and a feedback form, through which the managers of the online store could contact the customer to clarify the details of the order and calculate the cost.
Technical side of the project
As mentioned above, we took the WordPress platform to create a classic online store with a product catalog. The main advantages of the platform are clear logic and a wide range of functions for creating a commercial project.
We decided to divide our web resource into semantic blocks-pages so that site visitors can quickly and efficiently find the necessary information.
Online store includes:
- Catalog of production of leading world manufacturers.
- Information about the company.
- Sales niches.
- Questionnaire for clients.
- Company contacts.
To list products in the catalog, we used WooCommerce, one of the best e-commerce plugins.
Why this particular plugin?
Here are a few reasons why we use it in our commercial projects:
- it allows you to customize the design with a visual designer or through code;
- it has more than 400 extensions to improve the appearance and functionality of the online store;
- it provides access to the REST API for management and integration from product cards to orders;
- it allows you to post ratings and reviews of products for SEO promotion;
- there are no restrictions on products, images and galleries;
- advanced sorting and filtering of goods is available;
- there are customizable checkout areas.
This is what the page with product cards on the site looks like:
Development of an individual questionnaire
In a separate block on the site, an individual questionnaire form was written for more than 50 fields to meet all the necessary specifics to the goods. This was done so that managers could provide more detailed advice to a potential client when they call back.
We also made it possible to store all completed forms on the server using the Flamingo Address Book plugin. This tool in WordPress saves absolutely all messages that have been sent through contact forms. They are collected exclusively on Flamingo and are always available. With this plugin available, you no longer have to worry about losing important messages due to incorrect mail settings or mail server errors. The plugin is a fairly reliable platform tool.
Our team pays special attention to such a criterion of a web resource as its loading speed. For a WordPress online store with a WooCommerce module, this is especially true, because CMS sites with a large number of plugins often turn out to be quite slow. We managed to achieve fast loading of the pages of the online store with the help of the correct layout and the optimal use of all available tools. In our case, we ensured that the site was in the green zone on desktop devices, and on mobile devices it provided the yellow zone of performance.
Competent construction of the structure of the product catalog on the site
Previously, our specialists thought out and built the directory structure immediately for SEO promotion:
- Categories and subcategories of goods were designed. A clear structure gives the visitor an understanding of what they will find in the online store and guides them through the logical chain to the necessary product card. In addition, logical structuring increases the position of the resource in search engines.
- Correct URL structure was built. The structure of the site addresses should be as simple and understandable as possible, which will make it more convenient for the eyes of visitors. The main points that we paid special attention to are: organization not by identifiers consisting of many numbers, but by ordinary words; using punctuation marks in URLs; using the correct case of the URL; using “/” at the end of the address.
- We thought out sections in which informative articles for search promotion will be placed. These are not only categories, but also niches in which products are used — Markets.
The result of creating an online store for pumps on WordPress / Woocommerce was a web platform with the following important features:
- initial SEO optimization already at the development stage will ensure a quick start of the project in Google;
- the speed of loading pages of the store is well perceived by search engines and site visitors;
- a detailed block questionnaire helps to accurately formulate the needs of the client and offer the best solution;
- all customer information is securely stored and structured.
At this stage, we are confident that the FLUIDBUSINESS GROUP (USA) online store, created on WordPress with an eye to SEO promotion, has very good sales prospects even for relatively niche, highly specialized equipment.