React Native Mobile App for Training
The customer turned to Webnauts specialists for a new functionality of a mobile application for athletes who want to be always in touch with their coach. The client is a fitness club that provides professional trainers, fitness programs and sports equipment for training.
At the time of contacting our company, the customer already had the initial version of the mobile application. Its main task was the registration or authorization of users, a description of the exercise machines and a list of exercises for each. A calendar was also available with the possibility of independently compiling a training plan for the week from the proposed list of exercises, displaying the location of the fitness club and contact information.
However, the customer wanted some more functionality:
- firstly, the client wanted a product that allows you to view various exercises and, with the help of a trainer, form workouts for every day;
- secondly, to add an online chat between the coach and the client of the gym;
- thirdly, make it possible to pay for training in the application using Yookassa.
Below we will talk about how the product turned out at the end, after the careful work of our programmers.
Improvement of the mobile application
After starting work with the initial version of the application, it turned out that the amount of work to be done was somewhat larger than originally thought.
The first version was made in React Native, but using the Expo framework. To create an online chat between the trainer and the client of the gym, previous developers had to completely rewrite the application from React Native Expo to pure React Native.
Expo is a set of tools with which you can write a React Native application in minutes. It includes out-of-the-box tools such as Android Studio/XCode configurations, Apple & Google certificate management and push notifications and more.
In the end, our programmers carried out the following series of works:
- The original version of the application was carefully redesigned, as it had a huge number of bugs.
- Online chat was rewritten and implemented using Socket.io libraries.
- Payment was implemented using Yookassa, the mobile application was linked to this integration using http requests to api.
Yookassa is a payment provider, an online payment service for individual entrepreneurs, legal entities and the self-employed. It is needed to accept payments, send money to customers and solve other tasks related to electronic payments. Connects to a website, blog or online service.
The result of working with the application on React Native
So, this is what the result of the work of our specialists on finalizing the initial mobile version looks like:
- All the functionality of the mobile application – a selection of exercises, workouts, calendar, products, online chat and payment — works quickly and efficiently.
- Athletes can always be in touch with their coach. In the online chat, after each workout, you can receive feedback based on subjective well-being and objective data taken by fitness trackers, if any. The messenger built into the application allows you to conveniently and quickly communicate with the coach in real time.
- Easy and fast payment for trainers’ services is available through the Yookassa payment system.
In general, the task was implemented not only according to the wishes of the client, but also technically improved. Webnauts specialists always perform their work with high quality and are ready to take on the most complex and interesting projects.